Common sense tips for Liftsharing
- Remember to notify your liftshare Budi team in advance if you are unable to liftshare due to holiday, a business trip, illness etc. so that they can make alternative arrangements.
- To make sure you get away on time, please try to be punctual and be at the designated pick up point at the agreed time.
- Keep your vehicle in a roadworthy condition.
- Contact either the Airport Commuter Centre or Stansted Airport 24/7 cars if you need to use the Emergency Ride Home Service.
- Inform the Airport Commuter Centre, who manages the scheme if your home, vehicle or work details change.
- Keep a copy of the other liftshare members’ contact details for reference.
Frequently Asked Questions
What about insurance?
You must be fully insured. Most motor insurance companies will cover you for carrying passengers on your journey to and from work at no increased cost. However, we suggest that you inform your insurance company that you intend to liftshare.
What if the driver is ill?
The driver should inform the other members of the Budi team as soon as possible so that alternative arrangements can be made.
What if I have to go home in an emergency?
Contact either the Airport Commuter Centre or Stansted Airport 24/7 cars stating your Stansted Airport Liftshare membership number.
What if, after a few weeks, I find that my liftshare doesn’t suit me?
All liftshares are set up on a trial basis. If after a few weeks you feel you want to drop out or try sharing with another Budi team then let us know.
What if I move house?
If you move please let the Airport Commuter Centre know. If you would like to continue liftsharing undertake a new journey search on the Stansted Liftshare website to find members you could share with.
What if my circumstances change and I can no longer liftshare?
If, for whatever reasons, your circumstances change and affect your liftshare, please notify the Airport Commuter Centre and the members of your liftshare Budi team so that we can update your details on the database.
Do I need a car to car-share?
No, many people are happy to offer lifts in exchange for sharing the fuel costs. You can register your journey as ‘seeking a lift’ if you do not have a car.
How safe is car-sharing?
We have made our website as secure as we can. All member’s details are stored securely in the database and only the members intended travel information can be accessed by other members.
When it comes to travelling, every member is responsible for his or her own safety. However we do recommend that members follow some simple security measures outlined below:
- Avoid exchanging home addresses with your travelling companion before you meet them
- Arrange to meet within the terminal or Atrium of Enterprise House .
- Inform a friend or family member of who you will be travelling with, when and to where
- Make sure you see each other’s IDs – passports, student cards or driving licences – so you know you’re travelling with the right person
You are under no obligation to go ahead with any car-share arrangement. If you have any doubts about your travelling companion, for any reason, then you don’t have to travel with them.
Where should I arrange to meet my car-sharer (s) ?
We recommend that you arrange a mutually convenient and safe location for both parties.
I have a busy life, do I have to car-share everyday?
No. Even if you share two or three times a week it is possible to make a significant reduction in your carbon footprint and travel expenses. We recommend that you come to an agreement that works for everyone, which can change on a weekly basis. Just keep your fellow car-sharers informed so they can make alternative arrangements if necessary.
Will my e-mail address be visible to other users?
No, your email address is kept hidden and not shown to other members anywhere on the site. Messages are sent and received via the messaging centre on our website.
Is it possible to find a travelling companion of the same sex?
Yes, through our advanced search you can select ‘only male’ or ‘only female’ matches.
Terms and Conditions
Thank you for registering with Stansted Airport Liftshare. As a Stansted Airport liftsharer you now have access to a number of benefits and special offers as well as the in-built benefits of reducing your fuel costs and playing a significant part in the aim of reducing emissions in the Stansted Airport area.
Below, you will find guidelines/terms of what you need to do, how the scheme works and how to make use of the special offers. Please read these through carefully because as a Stansted Airport liftsharer you will be required to follow them. Please contact the Airport Commuter Centre on 01279 663322 if you have any further queries. You should also watch out for any changes to the following which may be made from time to time.
- The Liftshare facility is only available for Stansted Airport employees who share a car journey to and from the designated Liftshare bays to perform their jobs at the airport.
- Liftshare parking bays are only to be used when members are Liftsharing with other members of their Budi team. There must always be 2 individuals present in the car when entering and leaving the Liftshare bays. If you are driving individually you should park in the normal car parking bays and not take up a Liftshare bay as you are denying other members of their benefits.
- Stansted Airport Liftsharers should inform the others in their Budi team of absence from work as soon as possible. This includes holidays, business trips, home working, illness and unforeseen circumstances. In these cases, the other members of the Budi team are required to make alternative arrangements for themselves.
- Stansted Airport Liftsharers are required to agree timings, routes, pick up and drop off points with all Budi team members and adhere to them.
- Drivers must have a valid certificate of motor insurance to ensure that they are properly insured for lift sharing activity. The certificate or a valid copy must be produced to the Airport Commuter Centre or members of the Budi team if they request to see it. Stansted Airport Limited will not be liable and/or responsible for any insurance issues, extra insurance charges (if any) or otherwise of members of the Budi team.
- The driver at any time is required to maintain his/her vehicle in a clean and roadworthy condition.
- Stansted Airport Liftsharers take part in the Liftsharing scheme and hence Liftshare at their own risk. Stansted Airport Limited cannot accept liability for any personal injury, damage or loss occurred whilst lift sharing.
- Members should inform the Airport Commuter Centre on 01279 663322 of changes to their home, vehicle or work details or changes in their circumstances. Please notify the Airport Commuter Centre of changes to your Budi team.
- The Airport Liftshare parking bays are only to be used when members are Liftsharing with other members of their Budi team. When using a bay, at least two membership cards must be displayed in the windscreen, one for each Liftshare member and there must always be 2 individuals present in the car when entering and leaving the bays.
- Stansted Airport Liftsharers will be responsible for their membership cards. These items are not transferable to any other person. The Airport Commuter Centre should be notified immediately on 01279 663322 of the loss or theft of membership cards.
- To obtain the special offers, please contact the Airport Commuter Centre. All Stansted Airport Liftshare discounts and other offers are subject to change and may be withdrawn without prior notice.
- Stansted Airport Limited do not and will not accept responsibility for availability or quality of items or services offered as Stansted Airport Liftshare special or other offers, including, without limitation, the Emergency Ride Home facility. Stansted Airport Liftsharer relationship will be direct to the relevant provider of the goods and/or services.
- In the event of an emergency, Stansted Airport Liftsharers may have access to a free taxi ride home. To access this service you should contact either the Airport Commuter Centre on 01279 663322 or Stansted Airport 24/7 Cars direct on 01279 661111, and quote your membership number. Within 48 hours [of using the service] your line manager should confirm in writing your need of this service. Use of the Emergency Ride Home facility will be monitored. [This service cannot be used if you have been notified in advance at the latest, the end of the previous day, that you will not be able to Liftshare home or if overtime has been scheduled in advance].
- For Data Protection purposes Stansted Airport Limited and their group companies will use the information you have provided to Stansted Airport Liftshare for the purposes of the scheme only. We or they may contact you by mail, internal telephone, or email about lift sharing opportunities or other information related to the scheme. By registering your information, you consent to the use of your information for the above purposes. If you have any queries, please contact Airport Commuter Centre on 01279 663322.
- If at any time, you believe or know that:
- the information is inaccurate or out of date; or
- we should no longer be holding that information; or
- we are using your information for a purpose of which you were unaware; or
- we may have passed inaccurate information about you to someone else;
Please notify us at once, giving your reasons. We will then review the information and will where necessary amend your personal details accordingly.
To ensure the success of the scheme all Stansted Airport liftsharers should follow the above guidelines and terms provided. Any abuse of the scheme and the privileges offered may result in disqualification from the scheme.