- This facility is for employees, in possession of an Airport Identity Card (ID Card), or a letter from the employing company confirming employment at the Airport and its environs in lieu of an Airport Identity Card. Upon presentation of such proof of employment to the Airport Commuter Centre Office an Airport Travelcard will be issued. An appointment must be made for the registration and first purchase.
- The renewal of the Airport Travelcard may be completed within the office, over the phone or on the internet. The Airport Commuter Office reserves the right to, periodically and randomly, ask for proof of employment before a new Airport Travelcard may be issued.
- The valid Airport Travelcard must be shown & handed to the driver for all journeys; otherwise the full fare will become effective. Any misuse of the Airport Travelcard, either by the holder or any third party in possession of the Airport Travelcard may result in legal proceedings from the designated operator where misuse and or fraud is suspected. The Airport Travelcard will not be valid if it defaced, illegible, torn or tampered with. A penalty fare of £100, payable to the Airport Commuter Centre will be charged. Failure to make payment will result in us informing your employer of the situation and the operator may also consider taking the matter further legally.
- STAL will accept no liability for any loss incurred as a result of loss, damage or theft of the Airport Travelcard. If an Airport Travelcard is lost, stolen or damaged it will be replaced free of charge on the first occasion. In case of further loss or damage this will be at owner’s own cost. Stolen Airport Travelcards will be judged on individual merit (Police incident number would need to be given).
- Stansted Airport Ltd (STAL) and its issuing agents accept no liability for the loss of liabilities as a result of disruption to any public transport service.
- All Travelcards are issued according to the employees residential postcode. If purchasing a Travelcard online you must purchase the correct value as issued to you on registration. If you require a higher value Airport Travelcard, then we will need a headed and signed letter from your employer stating that you need it for work purposes. Online access will be withdrawn if higher purchases are made without this authorisation.
- Refunds on unused 6 monthly and annual Airport Travelcards, or partly used 6 monthly and annual Airport Travelcards, will be pursued by the Airport Travelcard holder directly with the designated bus or coach operators. The Travelcard holder will need to contact the Airport Commuter Centre to commence the refund process. STAL and its issuing agent accept no responsibility for any loss which may have incurred as a result.
- 7.1 No refund will be given in respect of a valid monthly or 3 monthly Airport Travelcard.
- 7.2 A 6 monthly Airport Travelcard will be refunded at the following rates:
- Refunded prior to start date or within 30 days 80%
If returned after 1 month 0%
- 7.3 An annual Airport Travelcard will be refunded at the following rates:
Refunded prior to start date or within 30 days 80%
Returned between 1 and 3 months 50%
If returned between 3 and 6 months 25%
If returned after 6 months 0%
- On ceasing to be employed at the Airport, or its environs, the Airport Travelcard will be no longer valid and shall be returned to the Airport Commuter Centre where refunds will apply if the holder is in possession of an annual Airport Travelcard. The date received will be viewed as the effective date for refund.
- The Airport Travelcard is only valid on services specified by the latest version of the accompanying leaflets available within the Airport Commuter Office.
- The Airport Travelcard is only valid for use in standard accommodation, and must not be used in First Class or zones higher than Standard Class. Any fees, charges or fines levied are the responsibility of the Airport Travelcard holder.